When the Porc-A-Fix glaze alone is not enough to repair the deep cosmetic damage to your fixture, Fill-A-Fix fills deep chips, cracks and gouges in porcelain prior to the application of Porc-A-Fix.
This kit is easy to use - simply apply, let dry, and sand smooth. Each Fill-A-Fix kit contains sufficient material to make one to three repairs, depending on the size and depth of damage.
Please read all directions and warnings prior to use.
- BEFORE YOU
- For all repairs, make sure area is completely clean, dry and free from loose material or dust. If there is rust, remove rust until area is free from any particles and apply Corrode-A-Fix before proceeding with any repair. If rust is not neutralized completely it will return. A dust mask should be worn during sanding step of any product.
- Once the factory seal is broken, shelf life is limited due to external factors and cannot be guaranteed. FIXTURE-FIX products are intended for a one time use but, if stored in ideal conditions, further applications may be available. Wipe the top of the bottle and the inside of the cap before closing.
Shake the bottle for at least 30 seconds and allow it to sit for at least one minute prior to opening the cap. This will allow excess material on the cap or brush to roll back into the bottle. Open the cap carefully, making sure to wipe off any excess material on the lip of the bottle with a cloth.
Stir bottle ingredients before use.
Fill the area with thin even coats of Fill-A-Fix building to desired height.
Dry completely between coats for at least one hour.
Sand the final completely dried coat smooth to just below the level of the repair with the supplied 220 production paper leaving room for Porc-A-Fix finish coat.
Finish the repair with Porc-A-Fix. Clean repair and apply 2 coats of Porc-A-Fix touch-up glaze no sooner than 24 hours and no later than 14 days after final Fill-A-Fix coat.
Do not apply thick coats or cracks may appear. If this happens sparingly apply more Fill-A-Fix to close cracks. Even with thin coats, slight surface cracks may occur. Sand out any cracks before applying Porc-A-Fix.
Clean the repaired area with a mild liquid abrasive or dishwashing liquid; we recommend this not only for the repaired area, but for the entire fixture. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the repaired area. This will reduce the chance of scratches from surface dirt or abrasion.
Before You Start
- The Fill-A-Fix base filler is designed to fill deep chips and gouges before applying
Porc-A-Fix as a top coat.
- Porc-A-Fix will match the color of your fixture to complete the repair.
- Contains nitrocellulose putty.
- Do not take internally. Avoid eye and skin contact. Avoid prolonged exposure to vapors.
- Keep bottle tightly closed when not in use and out of the reach of children.
- Until dry, Fill-A-Fix is flammable, so store and use away from heat, sparks and open flames.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear protective glasses and rubber or neoprene gloves if possible, to reduce chances of eye and skin contact. The filler is an eye irritant and may cause skin irritation or rash with prolonged contact.
- INGESTION: Drink one or two glasses of water to dilute. Do not induce vomiting unless directed by a physician. Get medical attention immediately.
- INHALATION: Remove to fresh air. Get medical attention if breathing problems persist.
- EYE CONTACT: If you get Fill-A-Fix in your eyes, immediately flush eyes with large amounts of fresh warm water for fifteen minutes. Get medical attention.
- SKIN CONTACT: Remove contaminated clothing. Wash affected skin thoroughly with warm water and soap. Rinse thoroughly with fresh warm water for at least five minutes or until all residue is removed. Get medical attention if irritation persists. Wash affected clothing before reuse.
- Fill-A-Fix should not need to be thinned for use, but you can thin it or clean up residue with acetone.
- Acetone (the primary ingredient in nail polish remover) is flammable, can burn or irritate skin, and can be harmful if ingested or inhaled. Follow all appropriate precautions suggested by its manufacturer.
Contents of Kit
- One 2 ounce can of base filler
- One filler applicator stick
- Two sections of 220-grit aluminum oxide sandpaper
- Complete instructions