LAMINATE-FIX INFORMATION PAGE
Laminate-Fix fills and repairs nicks, chips, scratches, burns, small cracks and minor imperfections in laminate surfaces, restoring the beauty of countertops, backsplashes, cabinet facings, table tops, vanities, furniture, and many other plastic laminate surfaces.
We make Laminate-Fix in 29 commonly used colors. Depending on the complexity of your counter or other surface design, you may need to combine colors to make a repair.
Please read all directions and warnings prior to use.
For all repairs, make sure area is completely clean, dry and free from loose material or dust. If there is rust, remove rust until area is free from any particles and apply Corrode-A-Fix before proceeding with any repair. If rust is not neutralized completely it will return. A dust mask should be worn during sanding step of any product.
Once the factory seal is broken, shelf life is limited due to external factors and cannot be guaranteed. FIXTURE-FIX products are intended for a one time use but, if stored in ideal conditions, further applications may be available. Wipe the top of the bottle and the inside of the cap before closing.
For deep chips and gouges, you should first fill them with Fill-A-Fix before using Laminate-Fix.
Shake the bottle of Laminate-Fix well.
Apply touch-up glaze, using the brush-top applicator with thin coats. Allow 5 hours to dry between applications.Laminate-Fix will never dry if you apply thick coats.
Sand. Taping off repair area can be helpful to avoid scuffing of undamaged areas. In between thin coats, lightly sand damaged area only, with supplied 600 wet and dry sandpaper, until smooth. Avoid sanding undamaged areas. Repeat until damaged area is covered. It is not necessary to sand the last coat.
Dry. After final coat is applied, let dry for 24 hours before use. To speed up dry time, simply use a handheld hair dryer at least 12 inches away from the material and set on the coolest setting.
Then buff the repair and surrounding area with a soft cloth and a bit of automotive polishing compound.
Clean the repaired area with a mild liquid abrasive or dishwashing liquid; we recommend this not only for the repaired area, but for the entire fixture. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the repaired area. This will reduce the chance of scratches from surface dirt or abrasion.
Porc-A-Fix, Tile-A-Fix and Laminate-Fix colors can be adjusted by using another color of same product. Do not adjust the entire bottle. If you lighten or darken too much, then you have no other material to use. Pour some of the contents out of the bottle in a paper cup and adjust that. Allow a very small amount of the color being used to adjust, to roll off the brush cap into the cup of material being adjusted. The color will darken as it dries.
- Contains ethylene glycol and titanium dioxide.
- Do not take internally. Avoid eye and skin contact. Avoid prolonged exposure to vapors.
- Keep bottle tightly closed when not in use and out of the reach of children.
- Store and use away from heat, sparks and open flames, but also keep from freezing.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- As with any paint product, wear protective glasses and rubber or neoprene gloves if possible, to reduce chances of eye and skin contact. Paint is an eye irritant and may cause skin irritation or rash with prolonged contact.
- INGESTION: Drink one or two glasses of water to dilute. Do not induce vomiting unless directed by a physician. Get medical attention immediately.
- INHALATION: Remove to fresh air. Get medical attention if breathing problems persist.
- EYE CONTACT: If you get Laminate-Fix in your eyes, immediately flush eyes with large amounts of fresh warm water for fifteen minutes. Get medical attention.
- SKIN CONTACT: Remove contaminated clothing. Wash affected skin thoroughly with warm water and soap. Rinse thoroughly with fresh warm water for at least five minutes or until all residue is removed. Get medical attention if irritation persists. Wash affected clothing before reuse.
- Laminate-Fix should not need to be thinned for use, but you can thin it or clean up residue with acetone.
- Acetone (the primary ingredient in nail polish remover) is flammable, can burn or irritate skin, and can be harmful if ingested or inhaled. Follow all appropriate precautions suggested by its manufacturer.
Contents of Kit
- One ½ ounce bottle of Laminate-Fix glaze
- One brush-tip applicator (inside cap)
- Complete instructions, with Laminate Surface Use and Care Guidelines