RACK-A-FIX INFORMATION PAGE
Rack-A-Fix will repair your “wire racks”, Dishwasher Racks, Closet Organizers, Refrigerator Racks, Sports Equipment, Sink Racks & Baskets, Plus Much More!
We make Rack-A-Fix in a variety of colors.
Please read all directions and warnings prior to use.
For all repairs, make sure area is completely clean, dry and free from loose material or dust. If there is rust, remove rust until area is free from any particles and apply Corrode-A-Fix before proceeding with any repair. If rust is not neutralized completely it will return. A dust mask should be worn during sanding step of any product.
Once the factory seal is broken, shelf life is limited due to external factors and cannot be guaranteed. FIXTURE-FIX products are intended for a one time use but, if stored in ideal conditions, further applications may be available. Wipe the top of the bottle and the inside of the cap before closing.
Shake the bottle of Rack-A-Fix well.
Clean Remove any loose rust or debris and clean by sanding, the area to be repaired, making sure that there is “clean metal” showing on either side of the damage. Cut back the vinyl to show “clean metal” if necessary. Use Corrode-A-Fix first if rust is present.
Apply. Using brush top applicator, apply Rack-A-Fix to damaged area. Several coats should be applied allowing 30 minutes between coats.
Dry.After final coat is applied, let dry for 24 hours before use.
Then buff the repair and surrounding area with a soft cloth and a bit of automotive polishing compound.
Clean the repaired area with a mild liquid abrasive or dishwashing liquid; we recommend this not only for the repaired area, but for the entire fixture. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the repaired area. This will reduce the chance of scratches from surface dirt or abrasion.
- Contains ethylene glycol and titanium dioxide.
- Do not take internally. Avoid eye and skin contact. Avoid prolonged exposure to vapors.
- Keep bottle tightly closed when not in use and out of the reach of children.
- Store and use away from heat, sparks and open flames, but also keep from freezing.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- As with any paint product, wear protective glasses and rubber or neoprene gloves if possible, to reduce chances of eye and skin contact. Paint is an eye irritant and may cause skin irritation or rash with prolonged contact.
- INGESTION: Drink one or two glasses of water to dilute. Do not induce vomiting unless directed by a physician. Get medical attention immediately.
- INHALATION: Remove to fresh air. Get medical attention if breathing problems persist.
- EYE CONTACT: If you get Laminate-Fix in your eyes, immediately flush eyes with large amounts of fresh warm water for fifteen minutes. Get medical attention.
- SKIN CONTACT: Remove contaminated clothing. Wash affected skin thoroughly with warm water and soap. Rinse thoroughly with fresh warm water for at least five minutes or until all residue is removed. Get medical attention if irritation persists. Wash affected clothing before reuse.
- Laminate-Fix should not need to be thinned for use, but you can thin it or clean up residue with acetone.
- Acetone (the primary ingredient in nail polish remover) is flammable, can burn or irritate skin, and can be harmful if ingested or inhaled. Follow all appropriate precautions suggested by its manufacturer.
Contents of Kit
- One ½ ounce bottle of Laminate-Fix glaze
- One brush-tip applicator (inside cap)
- Complete instructions, with Laminate Surface Use and Care Guidelines
We create color-matched glazes for most colors of kitchen and bath fixtures - old or new - from the fixture manufacturers/designers listed below:
Admiral, American Standard, Artesian, Bootz, Borg Warner, Briggs, Caloric, Crane, Eljer-Murray, Geberit, General Electric, Gerber, Julien, Kilgore, Kohler, Mansfield, Nationaline, Niagara, Norris, Peerless, Rheem-Richmond, Rohl (Shaws and Allia), Tappan, Toto, Universal-Rundle, Villeroy & Boch, Vintage Tub & Bath, Westinghouse, Whitehaus Collection