Tile-A-Fix offers you an easy way to keep your tile floors and walls looking great by repairing cracks, scratches and small chips.
Available in a variety of colors, Tile-A-Fix can be intermixed to match your tile colors simply and easily. Use with Fill-A-Fix for larger chips and our flattening agent to get the correct level of sheen.
Tile-A-Fix is an easy-to-use, fast-drying, no-mix product, ready to apply. With proper application, use and care, the repair will long retain its color and high gloss.
Please read all directions and warnings below prior to use.
- BEFORE YOU
For all repairs, make sure area is completely clean, dry and free from loose material or dust. If there is rust, remove rust until area is free from any particles and apply Corrode-A-Fix before proceeding with any repair. If rust is not neutralized completely it will return. A dust mask should be worn during sanding step of any product.
Once the factory seal is broken, shelf life is limited due to external factors and cannot be guaranteed. FIXTURE-FIX products are intended for a one time use but, if stored in ideal conditions, further applications may be available. Wipe the top of the bottle and the inside of the cap before closing.
For deep chips and gouges, you should first fill them with Fill-A-Fix before using Porc-A-Fix.
Shake the bottle of Tile-a-Fix well.
Apply touch-up glaze, using the brush-top applicator with thin coats. Allow 5 hours to dry between applications. Tile-A-Fix is not food safe and should never be used on any item that may hold food for consumption.
Sand. Taping off repair area can be helpful to avoid scuffing of undamaged areas. In between thin coats, lightly sand damaged area only, with supplied 600 wet and dry sandpaper, until smooth. Avoid sanding undamaged areas. Repeat until damaged area is covered. It is not necessary to sand the last coat.Tile-A-Fix will never dry if you apply thick coats.
Dry. Let dry for 24 hours before use. To speed up dry time, simply use a handheld hair dryer at least 12 inches away from the material and set on the coolest setting.
Then buff the repair and surrounding area with a soft cloth and a bit of automotive polishing compound.
For routine cleaning of the repaired area, use a mild liquid abrasive or dishwashing liquid; we recommend this not only for the repaired area, but for the entire fixture. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the repaired area. This will reduce the chance of scratches from surface dirt or abrasion.
Porc-A-Fix, Tile-A-Fix and Laminate-Fix colors can be adjusted by using another color of same product. Do not adjust the entire bottle. If you lighten or darken too much, then you have no other material to use. Pour some of the contents out of the bottle in a paper cup and adjust that. Allow a very small amount of the color being used to adjust, to roll off the brush cap into the cup of material being adjusted. The color will darken as it dries.
Before You Start
If you are repairing a previously refinished white fixture, you should order BS-1 Basic White Porc-A-Fix.
Test the glaze in a small area first, to make sure there is no reaction between Porc-A-Fix and the tub material that might cause the refinishing material to soften or peel.
For deep chips and gouges, you should have Fill-A-Fix on-hand to apply before using Porc-A-Fix.
- Contains naptha and mineral spirits.
- Do not take internally. Avoid eye and skin contact. Avoid prolonged exposure to vapors.
- Keep bottle tightly closed when not in use and out of the reach of children.
- Until dry, Porc-A-Fix is flammable, so store and use away from heat, sparks and open flames.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- As with any paint product, wear protective glasses and rubber or neoprene gloves if possible, to reduce chances of eye and skin contact. Paint is an eye irritant and may cause skin irritation or rash with prolonged contact.
- INGESTION: Drink one or two glasses of water to dilute. Do not induce vomiting unless directed by a physician. Get medical attention immediately.
- INHALATION: Remove to fresh air. Get medical attention if breathing problems persist.
- EYE CONTACT: If you get Porc-A-Fix in your eyes, immediately flush eyes with large amounts of fresh warm water for fifteen minutes. Get medical attention.
- SKIN CONTACT: Remove contaminated clothing. Wash affected skin thoroughly with warm water and soap. Rinse thoroughly with fresh warm water for at least five minutes or until all residue is removed. Get medical attention if irritation persists. Wash affected clothing before reuse.
- Porc-A-Fix should not need to be thinned for use, but you can thin it or clean up residue with acetone.
- Acetone (the primary ingredient in nail polish remover) is flammable, can burn or irritate skin, and can be harmful if ingested or inhaled. Follow all appropriate precautions suggested by its manufacturer.
- One ½ ounce bottle of Porc-A-Fix touch-up glaze in the matching OEM color you purchased
- One brush-tip applicator (inside cap)
- Two sections of finishing paper (220 grit aluminum oxide sandpaper)
- Complete instructions
Porc-A-Fix has been around a long time, but in case you’re new to us, or just like word games, Porc is spoken with a soft ‘C’.
So the ‘C’ in Porc-A-Fix is not pronounced as a ‘K’ as in “pork, the other white meat”; as it is with “Cake and cactus with your cup of cold cappucino, comrade?”
‘Porc’ is pronounced ‘Porce’_as we speak force, horse, morse and nurse; source and course; coarse and hoarse, divorce, deforce, endorse and remorse, resource, dicourse, recourse and concourse.
It’s pronounced Porcelain-A-Fix
because that’s just what it does!